It could be you’ve found a full-time role (if so, congrats), it could be that your circumstances have changed and you can’t take on shifts at the moment, or maybe Indeed Flex just isn’t for you. Whatever the case, you have the option to close your account (and ‘the right to be forgotten’, under GDPR) and we aim to make that process as simple as possible for you.
We’re sorry to see you go, but here’s what you need to know when closing your account.
How do I start the process?
Firstly, you need to request your P45.
You can do this in the app simply by going to Profile > My Settings > Account Settings > Leave Indeed Flex.
Or Simply click here and follow the instructions on the next screens.
Can’t find it? – Please update to the latest version of the app to access this feature.
How long will it take to get my P45?
It should take 10-14 working days.
- If you have any outstanding shifts, you’ll need to complete them first, or cancel them, before your P45 can be processed.
- If you have outstanding payments due to you, you’ll need to wait for them to be paid.
Once I’ve got my P45, what next?
You can now close your account.
All you have to do is the following –
- Click here OR Go to Profile > My Settings > Account Settings
- Click on “Delete Account”
- You’ll be given the option to select ‘I want Indeed Flex to permanently delete my account’.
- You’ll then be taken through to another screen with the title ‘Delete Account’ and at the bottom of the screen will be a button prompting you to ‘Raise A Request’.
- Once you raise the request, our team will get back to you with timelines and next steps.
How long, after submitting my request, will my account be closed?
Your account should be closed around 30 days after your request has been made.
If I want to come back to Indeed Flex can I do so?
Unfortunately, deletion of your account is irreversible. You can install the app again, but you’ll have to create new sign-in details, all previous data will be gone, and you’ll have to go through the onboarding process again, from the start
It’s only fair to let you know that we’re required to keep certain personal information and related data for up to 7 years, if you’ve worked a shift through Indeed Flex.
This data is held until it’s no longer required by legal obligation or business needs, for example, if your payroll-related data needs to be kept by law for tax audit purposes.
You can visit our Privacy Centre for more details on the data we collect and the purposes we use them for.
Is there any way of simply ‘taking a break’, rather than closing my account?
In a word, yes.
Instead of requesting your P45 or the closing of your account, you can do one of two things as an interim measure:
- Manage your notifications from Profile > My Settings > Notification Settings
- Uninstall the app, allowing you to reinstall it and return to us at any time.