Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
IndeedFlex are looking for a ‘from the ground up’ hybrid SRE/DevOps candidate, to cross-functionally embed within our Products and Platforms. This role in particular involves working closely with the numerous Engineering teams to design, be processive, and evolve the systems that help people around the world get jobs. IndeedFlex is looking for a candidate who can educate and gracefully inject best reliability practices into the business.
This can range from building software to help with weaknesses in software delivery or Incident management to Incident retrospectives, service reliability monitoring and alerting and much more.
This role has ample opportunity to expand and for growth into several key areas, creative design, technical awareness, skills and rollout, strong communication & collaboration, teamwork, coordination.
- Design, develop, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Guide reliability practices through the entire software development lifecycle through activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
- Maintain service health through monitoring and follow-the-sun incident response.
- Improve service reliability through blameless post-incident reviews and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
- Discovering, clarifying, and documenting systems knowledge.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
Who you are
- Experience building and maintaining applications, experience with other languages and frameworks is a plus.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in teams practising agile methodologies.
- Experience building RESTful APIs;
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into small pieces that can be delivered and validated incrementally.
- Interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more.
- A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems.
- Experience tuning, improving and devising new ways to collect signals, reduce noise, and identify suspicious events in corporate or production environments.
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience building applications in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL [desirable]
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design. [desirable]
- Understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications. [desirable]
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc). [desirable]
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.