Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
About the team
You’ll be part of a new team that will take over our matching system, and will bring in advanced logic to help more workers and employers find each other. You expect our talents to demonstrate great accountability; in that regard, this team is expected to leverage modern ML tools to deliver impact incrementally, collaboratively, and pragmatically.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You know how to get things done: you know how to balance your time effectively between features engineering, modeling, implementation, analyzing the results and learning in order to deliver impactful results incrementally.
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally to drive impact, including working with product managers to clarify requirements and break down work, reviewing production code written by others, assisting with design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact.
Experience & Skills Required
- You have experience in implementing Information Retrieval systems (search engines, recommender systems…), measuring their performances, and you understand how their behaviors are tied to business goals.
- You master all the critical aspects of information retrieval / engineering systems end-to-end: reliability, quality of service, storage management, short-term and long-term prioritization, roadmap consolidation…
- You have experience in building such systems with a team of engineers and you know how to break down large projects into smaller tasks to iterate quickly.
- You know how the most common matching and ranking systems work, and how they’re implemented in a production environment.
- You understand how the main Machine-Learning algorithms work and are able to implement them at scale using modern components (TensorFlow, PyTorch, CatBoost, Spark…).
- You have experience evaluating supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms using online and offline metrics.
- Deep knowledge of Python, and/or Java-based language
- A deep understanding of the fundamental concepts of Machine-Learning is a plus, but not required.
- An experience in implementing NLP algorithms is a plus.
- An experience in implementing Deep-Learning models in production is a plus.
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.