Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
About the team
The Data-Platform team will be a new team responsible for the design, development and improvement of all the data-related capabilities across the company. We want to hire experts that can drive the strategy in terms of data modeling, governance, as well as data-driven experimentations to foster the best practices within the company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You’ll be a founding member of Syft’s new Data Platform team, setting standards and evangelising best practices as we democratise access to data for the organisation. This is an outstanding opportunity for talented data-engineers to use their expertise while developing some statistics and data-science skills along with the rest of the team.
- Working across the stack, you’ll work closely with product and other engineers, analysing and organising raw data, building data pipelines and exploring ways to enhance data quality.
- You’ll define the data management strategy (when to start or shutdown datamarts? How to handle multi-tenancy issues?), and will be accountable for the associated budget forecast.
- You’ll elevate the bar of our data-driven culture, enabling the Engineering teams to experiment and learn quickly and empower them to draw reliable conclusions.
- Leadership: you’ll be a driving force for our data-related initiatives
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong experience developing systems that process and store large scale data using Python, SQL, Airflow, AWS Redshift, S3, Athena
- Broad understanding of the different types of databases and their applications: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Redshift, HBase, Cassandra
- Broad understanding of the data-processing solutions (AWS Lambda, Spark…)
- Experience evaluating multiple data-processing or data-storage solutions, and making pragmatic decisions
- Experience with budget forecasting and management in the context of cloud-platforms.
- Experience in translating access-patterns and workload requirements into efficient data schemas
- Able to identify opportunities to reuse existing tools (SaaS solutions, open-source solutions) and when to start developing in-house solutions.
- Deep knowledge of at least one Python or a Java-based language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in teams practising agile methodologies
- Experience building data pipelines, ETL/ELT
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into small pieces that can be delivered and validated incrementally
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods
- Experience and understanding of how to represent data and solve problems in code: A computer science degree might be useful, but not required
- Experience with tools to automate the use of cloud platform solutions (Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation…) is a plus
- Experience with Business intelligence and data modelling, such as star-schema, is a plus
- Experience with data visualisation is a plus
- Experience with docker is a plus
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.