Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
Summary of the role
The Expansion Manager is responsible for launching Indeed Flex operations in new cities and states across the United States. This role requires a balance of incredible program and stakeholder management and comfort with rapid change and ambiguity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work within the established US Launch & Expansion team to project manage the preparation and launch of Indeed Flex in new cities from scratch in a matter of weeks
- Working alongside management to identify potential market opportunities and define our overall expansion strategy e.g. city prioritization, on-the ground launch processes
- Quickly incorporate learnings from your own and others’ launch markets to continually improve the launch process within your remit and those of stakeholders
- Build a launch toolkit with robust program and project management tools that are easily understood and engaged with.
- Support in the development of other launch tooling and processes including hiring plans; Ops/Onboarding plans, launch playbooks & checklists
- Assist with B2B sales, onboarding workers, and office management to reach goals
- Be comfortable commiting the time and energy that is required to launch a new business in a new city. This could mean going beyond your comfort zone to Onboard workers, call clients and scramble to create successes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Min. 4 years of experience in operations, consulting or a startup environment
- A passion for marketplace platforms and improving the lives of job seekers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills including using data to establish priorities, developing strategies to pursue them, and managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to balance detailed planning and engagement with swift execution
- Experience using Gantt charts or other Project management tools preferred.
- Desire to get your hands dirty when workers are busiest (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Emotional resilience in fast-paced, high profile and ever-changing situations
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA or relevant Master’s degree a bonus)
You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re flexible and responsive to the changes of a fast-paced company
- You’re passionate about bringing flexible work opportunities to our Flexers.
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn new things from all people.
- You want to have an impact in the our customer’s lives
- You are excited about being part of the team launching Indeed Flex in the US
- You want the opportunity to grow within the company
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.