Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
We have an fantastic opportunity for an experienced Employee Relations Specialist to join Indeed Flex and become part of our exciting growth journey.
The role is located in Austin, Texas and in the first instance a remote working role with the view to attend office.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of Federal State and local employment laws including ADA, FMLA, FLSA, etc.
You will play an integral role in supporting the organization with managing employee relations whilst ensuring the company remains compliant mitigating risks. The Employee Relations Specialist will be part of the wider Human Resources team and work closely with the Compliance team.
You will possess strong customer service skills, which includes specialized knowledge of Employee Relations processes and policies including company policies and practices.
You will possess excellent problem-solving, inquiry management, investigatory and issue resolution skills.
You will become the subject matter expert with all matters relating to Employee Relations and associated Compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The ability to apply employee and labor relations expertise to successfully identify trends and challenges.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills which includes effective listening, probing and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data collected and identity root problems and causes.
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills and the ability to act quick and fast
- A strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical practices whilst upholding company policy
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations on employee disputes, complaints or other relevant HR matters.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; Partner with the Compliance department as needed and required.
- Deliver training sessions regarding HR policies and procedures
- Ability to use systems such as Salesforce to manage incoming queries and tickets
- To be a point of contact for all worker comp / risk management reporting, working directly with the Head of Compliance
- Keep up to date with relevant cross functional stakeholders in order to achieve 100% SLA with regards to Risk Management.
- Manage a high volume of inbound queries at any one time and decision making on escalating or de-escalating within appropriate timescales
- Ensure all internal systems and controls that are imposed are achieved to comply with external legislation
- Contribute to the organization’s vision and strategy, ensuring the company has the required resources to fulfil legal obligations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in working resolving human resource matters or complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including
- Employee relations
- Federal and state respective employment laws
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and growing business
- Strong analytical approach, with the ability to problem solve and understand trends in data and provide recommendations
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Confident with ability to negotiate and influence
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity and challenges that may arise
What’s in it for you
- A diverse and amazing team where you can really make a difference
- Exposure to different sectors like Care, Hospitality and Industrial
- The chance to help build shape our company culture in the US
- Attractive compensation package and benefits package.
You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re flexible and responsive to the changes of a fast-paced company
- You’re passionate about bringing flexible work opportunities to our Flexers.
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn new things from all people.
- You want to have an impact in the our customer’s lives
- You are excited about being part of the team launching Indeed Flex in the US
- You want the opportunity to grow within the company
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.