Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018. In 2020, we were awarded as one of the Best Staffing Firms to work for in the UK.
About the Role
This is a 1 to 10 product management role, needing innovations to scale the product portfolio. Reporting to the VP of product, this global role which will cater to the business & product across the UK and the US, role will be responsible for managing & growing the product portfolio for enterprise client experience. Indeed Flex client product portfolio supports our clients in bringing in choice, control and transparency in their flexible staffing needs.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Understand the enterprise client business arena, users segment and internal priorities and build a compelling product vision for the client experience product vertical
- Establish the key product themes, objectives, metrics and key results for your functional area, and empower your teams throughout the full product management lifecycle
- Hire, build & manage a team of product managers, offering empowerment and support in their day-to-day and the development of their skills and for the growth of their career
- Foster deep partnership and collaboration among engineering, designers, researchers, and analysts within the product teams to deliver against your vision.
- Build strong business cases using data-driven and user insights approach and align business stakeholders and leadership around the vision.
- Drive Product cross-team collaboration across your different product teams with efficient processes & product management best practices.
- Understand the ecosystem of flexible staffing both across the US & the UK and collaborate with the worker, agency and internal operations, finance, customer support and finance team and their variations.
- Take the lead of building deep relations with our sales and account management team to understand and serve the client better.
- Work with the larger Indeed.com product groups in understanding and utilize the product best practises to align deeper with the indeed.com ecosystem
Skills & Experience Required
- 8+ years of experience in building and managing products in a digital marketplace OR e-commerce
- Previous experience in building products in B2B, Enterprise B2B products
- Prior experience of managing at least 3 direct reports at different levels ( Associate PM to Principle PM level ). The role may involve more direct reports and further scope to build multi level reporting structure as the company grows.
- Experience of successfully shipping products in marketplace, ecommerce or HR Tech
- Worked in Agile software environment for product development and management
- Ability to be hands-on and at the same time shift to strategic thinking to build vision and understand problems
- Natural problem solver, who can break down problems into smaller chunks , go deep, prioritize and set a structured methodology of solving problems in the team
- Previous experience in setting, communicating and aligning the team across a shared vision.
- Extensive knowledge of working with B2B / Enterprise clients in understanding their problems followed by validating and building solutions, by means of user research, data analytics and industry knowledge intuitions.
- Understanding of localization practises for products operating across different countries and geographies.
- Experience working with stakeholders in Executive and C-Suite .
- We love & respect people who work hard and invest in their career, we look for strong evidence of continuous learning in your career, proven via certifications, courses or anything else relevant during the interview rounds. This is an entrepreneurial role and learning, unlearning will form a great part of success.
- We are into the HR tech industry, relevant experience in HR Tech, including workforce management, payroll, time & attendance, reporting, enterprise will be good to have.
- T – style skill set, We expect the ideal product director to be excellent and have mastery in at least one area of product management out of the four (Product Execution, Customer and data insights, Product Strategy, Influencing stakeholders) and good in all the other areas.
- This is a technology/ product driven role, so an understanding of technical architecture and tech stack best practises will be good.
You’ll fit right in at Indeed Flex if:
- You’re Flexible– able to consider challenges from different perspectives.
- You’re Entrepreneurial– see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
- You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
- You’re Data Driven– see the necessity of analysing metrics when devising solutions.
- You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
- You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and Collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
- Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- Unique bonus structure for every employee.
- Social events and lunch and learns.
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.