Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018. In 2020, we were awarded as one of the Best Staffing Firms to work for in the UK.
You strive to make a positive impact on the world around you through your work. You’re flexible and focused on collaborative approaches to problem solving — and highly motivated to deliver those solutions with high quality and velocity. You’re also committed to learning and continual improvement.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You’ll be a member of a cross-functional team responsible for delivering ideas to production.
- Working across the stack, you’ll work closely with product, UX and other engineers to improve scalable, maintainable and well-tested backends for our marketplace and enterprise products.
- You’ll also have opportunities to help frontend and full-stack developers level-up their back-end skills.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong experience building and maintaining applications using Ruby, Rails and PostgreSQL; experience with other languages and frameworks is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in teams practising agile methodologies
- Experience building RESTful APIs; GraphQL is a plus
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into small pieces that can be delivered and validated incrementally
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods
- Understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications
- Experience and understanding of how to represent data and solve problems in code: A computer science degree might be useful, but not required
- Experience with microservice architecture is a plus
You’ll fit right in at Indeed Flex if:
You’re Flexible- able to consider challenges from different perspectives.
You’re Entrepreneurial- see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
You’re Data Driven- see the necessity of analysing metrics when devising solutions.
You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and Collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
- Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- Unique bonus structure for every employee.
- Social events and lunch and learns.
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.