Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Indeed Flex has begun its US expansion. Starting in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Indeed Flex has recently expanded to San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
Summary of the role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with the self-direction, vision and ability to manage, build and scale our Support and Operations Teams. Based in Austin, and reporting to the VP of Operations, you will need to be highly-organized, diligent and always looking to do more with less.
The successful candidate will have solid team management experience and excellent communication skills with the ability to be flexible, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively. They will require a mindset to challenge traditional processes and the people-forward philosophy to invest in and develop an amazing team that is set to change the world of temporary recruitment.
Our United States operations include major city hubs (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio & Atlanta) but the successful candidate will be required to develop strategies to support our expansion into further cities and into new states across the United States. The role involves managing and leading a team of local Customer Support & Operations Team Leads, and building and fostering strong cross-functional relationships with senior stakeholders across Operations, Finance, Legal, Marketing, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Operations Manager, US is responsible for managing and optimizing our customers’ experience and interactions across all channels. Your mission is to deliver a world-class experience for every shift and support interaction with high quality and efficient delivery.
- Shift Delivery – Manage the Operations team to ensure bookings are consistently filled and the delivery experience meets the expectations of our clients.
- Data – Use analysis to improve shift fulfilment conversion, reduce no show and empty rates, raise team productivity, and inform business decisions & processes
- Problem Solving – Continual development and optimization of processes to solve day-to-day team and business challenges
- Customer Experience – Lead the support team to deliver outstanding experience for Indeed Flex job seekers and clients via live chat, voice and email support channels
- Project management and execution – Identify the highest value opportunities to focus on, then plan and execute in a dynamic, complex environment.
- Product – Collaborate closely with our product team to test and roll out new features or products that improve the job seeker and client experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- A minimum 7 years of experience in operations management, management consulting, strategy work in a large business, or building a growing startup
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using data to identify challenges and priorities, developing a plan to achieve goals. Excel/Google Sheets skills necessary.
- A great project manager who can break down problems into parts and solve problems using process and/or product improvements.
- Ability to create detailed execution plans for large-scale and complex projects.
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution
- Emotional resilience in fast-paced, high profile and ever-changing situations
- Seeks to build relationships with external job seekers and internal stakeholders and perceive challenges from different viewpoints.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- You’re KPI-driven, collecting and analyzing operational, SQL and Salesforce data.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree a bonus
- SQL knowledge advantageous.
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Comprehensive benefits package.
You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re flexible and responsive to the changes of a fast-paced company
- You’re passionate about bringing flexible work opportunities to our Flexers.
- You’re proactive and always willing to learn new things from all people.
- You want to have an impact in the greater community and customer’s lives
- You are excited about being part of the team that will be expanding Indeed Flex in the US
- You want the opportunity to grow within the company
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.