Faced with an increasingly precarious economy, businesses are looking to flexible workers as a means of fulfilling their staffing needs. And with over a third of UK workers actively looking for alternatives to traditional full-time employment, this demand is more than ready to be met in 2021.
Using flexible work can help leaders achieve greater financial efficiency, respond to market changes more dynamically and develop a whole new level of business agility. But this new, flexible workforce is almost by definition decentralised, and allowing it to scale whilst ensuring the proper candidate vetting and regulatory compliance is undertaken can be a costly, time consuming challenge.
The State of UK Temporary Staffing
- 70% of executives plan to hire more temporary workers in the next two years
- 5.2% of employees in the UK work on temporary contracts
- In December 2020, billings from temporary recruitment rose at the sharpest rate since October 2018
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) offer a purpose-built solution. By taking ownership of the full lifecycle of the flexible workforce via a single, centralised process, they provide businesses with full visibility and autonomy over their temporary staffing, removing the bottlenecks and hidden costs traditional methods are prone to create.
Will an MSP help my business? Five questions to consider:
- What impact is a low fulfilment rate having on your business?
- How efficient is your current staffing spend?
- How effectively can you currently manage fluctuations in your staffing needs?
- What risks does your current temporary staffing method create?
- How do you se your staffing needs evolving in the future.
We’ve created a handy guide to help you understand how providers differ, what you need to know about a prospective partner, and ultimately find the right MSP solution for your business.