2. PII We Collect
2.1 PII Provided Directly By You
During the Indeed Flex User Journey, the onboarding and employment process at Indeed Flex, we may collect, store and process the following types of PII which would be issued directly from you.
- Identification and contact details: Your full name, Current Address, telephone number, e-mail address, Drivers Licence/Passport, Bank Account Details, National Insurance Number;
- Job Request Information, Qualifications (Academic and Professional), CV, Employment References, Cover Letters, Benefit Requests, Relocation Information, any other additional information you provide us in support of and during the entire employment process;
- Information about your eligibility to work, immigration status, work authorisations, visas, right to work documentation.
In limited situations we may request, on a voluntary disclosure basis, limited and targeted provision of sensitive data such as: Racial or Ethical Origin, Political Opinions, Religious or Philosophical Beliefs, Trade Union Membership, Genetic Data, Biometric Data, data concerning Health, Sexual Orientation for the purposes of governing reporting obligations for equal opportunities and diversity monitoring, where permitted by law.
Applicants may also provide Indeed Flex with sensitive PII, in all cases, Indeed Flex will handle sensitive data in accordance with applicable laws.
2.2 APD Provided by Third Parties
Indeed Flex may also collect information about you from Third Parties or public sources as needed to support our onboarding and recruitment process. An example of this would be Indeed Flex collecting information about users from appropriate social media sources for recruitment purposes. We may also conduct background screenings through a third-party service provided and collect information on your past education, employment and criminal history (where permissible and in accordance with applicable law). Alternatively, third parties may refer or recommend you to work for employers through Indeed Flex.
Indeed Flex may also reach out to your referees to confirm your work history, please ensure that the contacts you provide are aware that we will make contact with them.
2.3 The Legal Basis on Which Indeed Flex Collects and Processes your PII
Indeed Flex collects and processes your PII on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the PII being provided and the type of processing involved. Indeed Flex declares the nature of which legal basis is covered when handling PII. This depends on the context of the processing of the PII and the type of processing involved.
Performance of a Contract
The data in which Indeed Flex collects on potential workers is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract of employment – enabling workers contracts for services of employment, prior to entering such a contract. PII would be used to suit candidates appropriately to potential employment.
An additional ground for legal processing of Data constitutes grounds of ‘Legitimate Interest’, in which would be collated for the purpose of relating user’s preferences and selected jobs for matching them with other similar roles, deemed suitable.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation
A third ground which Personal Information may require focused processing is that it is necessary in order to allow Indeed Flex comply with a Legal Obligation – requiring us to retain the data for an extensive period of time.
Moreover, in certain limited situations, Indeed Flex may rely on your consent in order to process your PII. Where Indeed Flex requires your consent in order to collect and process your Personal Identifiable Information. We ensure your consent is secured. You can withdraw your consent at anypoint by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. Purposes of Processing and Uses of your PII
We collect, process, store and maintain and transfer PII as we determine ‘reasonably necessary’, in order to perform Indeed Flex’s needs of onboarding and recruiting potential candidates for job roles. PII is used in the hiring process for purposes such as:
- Discovering the potential worker’s qualifications, skills and background for a particular job role – determining whether they’re the suitable candidate for the positions offered;
- Determining the application’s right to work through their documentation;
- Conducting background checks and similar inquiries in compliance with applicable laws, and otherwise to comply with all applicable laws;
- Communicating with an applicant during the onboarding and recruitment process;
- Carrying out functions in relation to an applicant’s future employment and;
- Managing and improving Indeed Flex’s analytics and onboard process.
We may provide elements of PII to third party agencies and contractors intended to assist us in performing these specific functions – benefiting you. Indeed Flex will indicate to you at the point of provision as to whether or not particular PII provided by you is required.
4. Disclosures and Transfers of your PII
The transfers of PII in the course of the recruitment process is unlikely, however, in the event that PII involves the transfer of PII to countries outside of where the information was originally collected, all such transfers are performed in full compliance with the applicable Data Protection rules and regulations, subject to the appropriate safeguards, primarily through the use of extensive data protection safeguarding agreements.
4.1 Transfers of your PII between Indeed Flex affiliated entities
4.2 Transfer of your PII to certain Third Party Service Providers
In the duration of our recruitment activities, Indeed Flex may allow certain sets of Personal Identifiable Data available to Third Parties who provide services to us to support those activities. Indeed Flex will only do so when a transfer of data is absolutely necessary and in accordance and compliment with necessary Data Protection Rules and law.
4.3 Transfers of your Personal Identifiable Information to other Third Parties
Furthermore, from section 4.2 Indeed Flex may also disclose your Personal Identifiable Information to other Third Parties in certain limited circumstances including;
- To comply with our Legal Obligations
- To establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation
- Where necessary to protect Indeed Flex, your vital interests, or those of another person;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business
5. Retention of your PII
You agree that Indeed Flex and its affiliates may retain the information you provide in your application in order to permit Indeed Flex to contact you in the future with respect to other positions for which we feel would be suitable for you. If you become a successful employee of Indeed Flex, this information becomes part of your employment record under data which we hold under your worker profile. If you do not wish Indeed Flex to retain your application (CV / Cover letters) – where applicable. You might please inform the contact person for your initial application or contact email@example.com
6. Exercising Your Rights
You have a number of rights available to you with respect to your Personal Identifiable Information held by Indeed Flex. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right to Access
- The right to Rectification
- The right to Erasure
- The right to Restrict processing
- The right to Data Portability
- The right to Object
Any data submitted by an Indeed Flex User may be updated and corrected at any time through contacting the Data Protection Manager on:firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. General Inquiries and Complaints
7.1 Contacting Indeed Flex Online Limited
You may contact Indeed Flex’s Data Protection Manager at any time, please send an email to email@example.com .
If you believe your data protection rights have been infringed by Indeed Flex, you have the right to complain to the appropriate Information Commissioner’s Office authority in your jurisdiction. For example if you are in the UK, Indeed Flex’s main establishment in the UK for all Data Protection reporting issues, the Information Commissioner’s Office in which case you should use this hyperlink for the purposes: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
Last Updated date: 07/05/2021