Founded in 2015, originally known as ‘Syft’ as a Startup to disrupt the temp staffing industry. In 2019, Syft was acquired by Indeed.com, the world’s #1 job site, allowing us to match our synergies and skyrocket our journey. Today, we are known as ‘Indeed Flex’ with nearly 250 employees spanning across the UK & US.
What is Indeed Flex?
We are an on-demand marketplace helping Job Seekers and Employers have 100% control and choice over shifts worked in real time. We want to enable Job Seekers to control their schedule, choose their work and enable them to work as many or as few shifts as they want. The platform enables Employers to book reliable, rated and verified staff immediately. At Indeed Flex, we’re harnessing innovative technology to revolutionise the flexible staffing sector.
Our mission is to help people get jobs by democratising work and giving jobseekers ownership, control, and choice. We are working hard to build a world where access to work and jobseekers are frictionless.
Our results speak for themselves, £8.75 million in VC funding between 2016 and 2018, ‘Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards, ‘Hottest Platform Economy / Marketplace’ at the Europas and ranked 7th in the ‘Startups 100’ in 2018. In 2020, we were awarded as one of the Best Staffing Firms to work for in the UK.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You’ll be leading a cross-functional team, partnering with an embedded PM to drive successful delivery on the product roadmap.
- As a coach, you’ll guide and facilitate career growth for your direct reports, with the support of senior management, and will ensure that engineers have the skills required to support execution.
- As a leader, you’ll empower your team to work towards shared goals with a high degree of autonomy and alignment.
- As a manager, you’ll model and promote our shared values: Data-Driven, Collaboration, Communication, Iterative Delivery, Bias-to-Action, Product Focus, Growth Mindset, Technical Mentorship.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in teams practising agile methodologies
- Able to take a high level requirement or goal and navigate it to appropriate outcomes
- A strong track record of empowering and leading others to deliver
- Experience and understanding of how to represent data and solve problems in code: A computer science degree might be useful, but not required. Whilst the role demands executing through your team, you must be able to engage with engineers on technical approaches and tradeoffs, and get your hands dirty too when required.
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods
You’ll fit right in at Indeed Flex if:
You’re Flexible and consider challenges from different perspectives.
You’re Entrepreneurial and see how a challenge could become an opportunity.
You take Accountability through thick and thin, inviting ideas for improvement.
You’re Data Driven in your decision making process, analysing metrics when devising solutions.
You’re Passionate about what you do and self motivated.
You can Adapt to your team’s challenges and collaborate with other departments.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible work arrangements, remote and working from home.
- Employee Assistance programs, free eyecare vouchers, discounted gym memberships and more.
- Private Medical Healthcare.
- Unique bonus structure for every employee.
- Social events and lunch and learns.
Indeed Flex is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.